Pune has been ranked as the most liveable city in accordance to the ease of living index. The charm, quiet and weather here has made it one of the most popular cities of the country. The top-notch universities and colleges, the rich culture and history and the IT hubs add to its appeal.
While the city of Pune is flooded with amazing food, shopping, adventure and sightseeing options, we have narrowed down a few of the many things you can do at Pune.
1. Visit Shaniwar WadaEvery Punekar would first suggest you to visit this place. The monument is more than 250 years old and a standing proof of the rich history of Pune. Its location and the beautifully maintained gardens inside it make the visit completely worth it.
2. Osho Ashram and gardenThis place has been the center of attraction for many visitors in Pune. The ashram and garden are located in Koregaon Park and known for the meditation and spiritual upliftment programs that are conducted here.
3. Adlabs ImagicaThe ride to Pune would be incomplete without visiting this infamous amusement park. Located at the Mumbai-Pune express highway, Adlabs Imagica offers a thrilling experience. Imagica also has a water park and a snow park.
4. Shopping at Tulsi Baug, FC Road and MG RoadLadies! This one's for you. If you are low on your budget and are looking for some stylish clothes, jewellery or accessories, these places are for you! With clothes starting at prices as low as INR 50, Tulsi Baug, FC Road and MG Road are definitely every woman’s dream.
5. Cafe GoodluckWhile you will be busy shopping at FC Road, take out some time and visit the every old and renowned Cafe Goodluck. Try their bun maska or any other veg, non-veg dish, we guarantee that you will leave with your tongue and stomach completely satisfied.
6. Sinhagad fortLiterally meaning Lion fort, Sinhagad was built 2000 years ago. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Pune because of the scenic views it offers. One can also trek to the top of the fort or use a vehicle to get there.
7. Katraj Snake ParkThis place is a treat for wildlife lovers. From birds to reptiles, this place is home to more than 22 species of snakes and garners interest from both children and adults.
8. VaishaliVaishali is one of the most famous and most recommended restaurants of Pune. It is more than 60 years old and offers a variety of options- from South Indian good to sandwiches, to choose from. The location, coupled by the taste has made it irreplaceable.
9. Pataleshwar Cave TempleLocated in the heart of the city, Pataleshwar Cave Temple is carved out of a single rock. It is bustling with activity during the weekends. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and according to the legends, the temple was built in just a few hours by the Pandavas when they were out in the exile and needed a shelter.
10. Try Laxminarayan ChiwdaWell, there are many reasons for which Pune is famous for and there are many things that Punekars love from the bottom of their hearts. Laxminarayan Chiwda is definitely one of those. Packed with tradition and taste, Laxminarayan chiwda’s legacy has witnessed more than 80 years of success and over time, has introduced us to a variety of flavors.
Well, we hope that you enjoy your stay in Pune and you can definitely carry packs of Laxminarayan Chiwdas as mementos. What’s more? Whenever you miss Pune, you can order Laxminarayan Chiwda online and enjoy the taste and tradition of Pune no matter at what corner of the world you are at! Visit www.laxminarayanchiwda.com